Welcome to Mrs. Kalman's Web Page!
Rachel Kalman, M.Ed., C.A.G.S.
Contact me at Hicksville High School 516-733-2220
school hours 7:30 A.M.- 2:30 P.M.
What is a School Psychologist?
School Psychologists assist students, parents, and staff to resolve educational problems and to help maintain the general mental health of the school.
My responsibilities at Hicksville High School are to:
- Provide individual and group counseling support for students struggling academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally
- Conduct psychological evaluations as part of a multidisciplinary team to evaluate student eligibility for special education services
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators and support staff to create a healthy supportive learning environment for all students
- Consult with parents to assess student academic and social-emotional needs
- Create behavioral intervention strategies to improve classroom performance
- Make referrals to outside agencies when students need additional community support
- Provide crisis intervention services
Life is a balancing act. Reach out to others when you and those you care about need support.