DRIVER EDUCATIONHicksville High School offers Driver Education in the Fall and Spring Semesters only.HICKSVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
FALL DRIVER EDUCATION REGISTRATION
WILL BE HELD ON
SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
IN THE HIGH SCHOOL MAIN LOBBY FROM
12:00-3:30PMREGISTRATION FORMS CAN BE FOUND IN THE HS GUIDANCE OFFICE
BEGINNING ON JANUARY 3rd.
Please read the information/policies listed below.The Hicksville School District is pleased to offer Driver Education to our students.
The program is held at Hicksville High School twice per year: Fall and Spring.
This program is offered to students who are in good academic standing, are sixteen years of age or older, posses a valid New York State Learner's permit and is a resident of the Hicksville Public Schools (geographic boundaries).
The course is held at Hicksville High School and is provided through the East Meadow Driving School located at 2900 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown.Upon successful completion of the course the students will receive a Certificate of Completion which allows the students to obtain a license and qualify for auto insurance discounts.PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGULATIONS REGARDING THE PROGRAM:
- Upon completion of this course the students will be provided an MV 285 Document which will allow you to schedule your road test and qualify you for insurance discounts. We DO NOT PROVIDE THE 5 HOUR COURSES CERTIFICATE- You must wait 3-4 weeks after your class has been completed to schedule a road test. AGAIN- You cannot schedule a road test until you receive the MV 285 Document which will be provided to you 3-4 weeks after the course has been completed.
- STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE THE ORIGINAL COPY OF THE CERT. OF COMPLETION OF THE COURSE (MV-285).
YOU WILL NOT BE ISSUED ANOTHER SHOULD IT BE LOST OR MISPLACED. SO TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT.
- REGISTRATION WILL BE HELD ONE DAY ONLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL (DATE SPECIFIED BELOW). REGISTRATION DATES ARE ANNOUNCED FOR ONE FULL WEEK AT THE HIGH SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS TO OBTAIN THE NECESSARY REGISTRATION PAPERWORK. THERE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY NO REGISTRATION AFTER THE DATE PROVIDED AT THE SCHOOL.
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ISSUED AFTER THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASS (5 DAYS FROM DATE OF REGISTRATION).
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS OBTAINED THEIR LEARNERS PERMIT PRIOR TO REGISTRATION, AS -AGAIN- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.