OLD COUNTRY ROAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
SITE-BASED GOALS 2016-2017
Old Country Road School Mission Statement
Old Country Road Elementary School seeks to create a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for children from diverse cultural backgrounds. Instruction is developmentally appropriate and allows for individual differences and learning styles. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment. Each student's self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with students and staff. We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students' learning.
Old Country Road Site-Based Goals
Goal #1: Program
- Implement the revised RTI plan to better meet the needs of students in AIS and Reading
- Implement Read 180 and Systems 44
- Focus classroom observations on domains 2 and 3
- Support first grade bilingual class
Goal #2: People
- Begin reading A Mindset for Learning by Kristine Mraz and Christine Hertz to better teach the traits of joyful, independent growth. These traits include empathy, flexibility, persistence, resilience, and optimism.
- Continue to monitor the safety and cleanliness of the building
- Conduct a building facilities assessment and recommend upgrades such as a new PA system