Math OlympiadMath Olympiad is in its 33rd year with more than 150,000 students and over 6000 teams competing for top honors. This contest is conducted once a month over five month period from November to March. Students are challenged with five problems each month and can earn a maximum score of 25 total points at conclusion. This contest is designed to stimulate enthusiasm, strengthen math problem solving skills and foster mathematical creativity and ingenuity. Students are awarded based on their performance as listed:
- Each participant receives a Certificate of Participation.
- The high scorer of each team receives a trophy.
- Each of the top 50% of all participants in each division receives a handsome embroidered Olympiad patch.
- Each of the top 10% of all participants in each division receives a silver or gold pin.
- Each student who achieves a perfect score of 25 points receives a bronze medallion.
The Division M is open to students in grades 6-8. Our middle schools is currently participating in this contest. If you are interested please contact Ms. Melinda Berrios at 516 733 2261 for more information.